2013 Winter Rose Award for Excellence in Published Romantic Fiction
2013 Contest Information:
$25 – Yellow Rose & Non-Yellow Rose Members
Grand Prize Winner
Highest scoring entrant from ALL category winners receives a Silver Rose Pendant, Yellow Rose badge pin and certificate of achievement.
Highest scoring entrant from each category receives a certificate denoting First Place in their respective category, a Yellow Rose badge pin and certificate of achievement.
Historical (50,000 words and over)
Paranormal/Time Travel/Futuristic (50,000 words and over)
Series Contemporary (under 85,000 words)
Single Title Contemporary (85,000 words and over
Romantic Suspense (85,000 words and over)
Inspirational (over 50,000)
Young Adult (50,000 words and over)
Yellow Rose RWA reserves the right to limit entries to the first seventy-five books received in each category. Failure to comply with any of the entry requirements below could result in return of your entry.
- Entries shall consist of four (4) PRINT copies of a romance novel published with a 2012 copyright date NOTE: Independent published, small press, and E-published only books are also accepted as long as the novel is printed and professionally bound). SASE must be enclosed for return of score sheets following contest.
- Books will be judged by (3) different judges consisting of booksellers, reviewers, librarians or readers group members. Books are a gift to professional guest judges and will not be returned.
- Highest average score denotes winner in each category. The winning entry from each category will advance to the final round. There will be five finalists in the final round. Entry with highest score will be declared winner.
- Mail entries to address listed on the Entry Form. Make checks payable to Yellow Rose RWA. Entry fee for all RWA Members is $25.00. NOTE: Payment by check must accompany Entry Form before entry will be entered into the contest. Entrant MUST sign, date and mail printed Entry Form and release to Yellow Rose before entry will be entered into the contest. This is mandatory.
- Each entry may only be entered in one category. However, you may enter different entries/different categories, with a maximum of THREE entries per entrant, per category. Each entry must have a separate entry form filled out and release signed. This form may be copied. You may send one check/money order to cover all entry fees.
- Entries must have postmark of January 18, 2013. If postmark requirement is not met, entries will be returned unopened. This does not mean you have to mail you entry ON this date. This simply means your entry must be POSTMARKED by this date. If you wish to enter now, please do so!
- Please enclose standard size SASE for return of entry score sheets.
- With respect to our professional judges, their identities will remain confidential.
- Questions? Please email Brenda Chitwood by clicking here.
We now accept PayPal payments for the entry fee! If you wish to enter and pay via PayPal, please use the button below. NOTE: For those using PayPal, they may complete their Entry Form online; electronic signatures will be accepted.
All RWA Members ($25):